Progeny Group Rules
The judging of the Progeny Group shows the quality of the progeny produced by the often-used stud dogs. It also shows which positive and negative factors may have been inherited by their offspring and what to look for in the future breeding’s of these dogs. Therefore, it is required to show all dogs belonging to the Progeny Group. It is not necessary that the stud dog be shown in the class. The Kennel Groups and Progeny Groups will be judged before the judging of the gaiting of the Working Dog Classes.
- Each Progeny Group requires a minimum of at least six (6) dogs – it is the participants responsibility, who MUST check into Office & advise of the 6 dogs who will enter the class
- Dogs exhibited in the Progeny Class must also be entered and shown in a regular classes
- There is no entry fee for this class
Kennel Group Rules
Breeders may enter more than one Kennel Group. Stock Coat and Long Stock Coat Kennel Group will be judged separately. The most possible uniformity, the most possible combinations of parents, and the quality of the individual dogs in each group are the basis for the judging of the Kennel Groups.
- Each Kennel Group must have no more and no less than (5) five dogs that possess the name of the kennel.
- These dogs must come from at least two different mothers and two different fathers.
- Dogs entered in the kennel group must also be entered and shown in a regular class.
- The dogs (in respective class i.e. SC LC) must be of the same coat variety.
Maternal Family Class
The Maternal Family consists of 4 animals (dogs and/or bitches) from one Kennel, which can be attributed to the direct dam line (maternal kennel name), and must bear the same kennel name.
For registration purposes at the Show, the entry “Maternal-Family“ will be an individual registration form
A minimum of 4 dogs entered from 1 maternal name – male or female – must be be presented. The dogs must come directly the from dam’s line and must have the maternal kennel name
The Maternal Family may consist of either permitted coat type (SC/LC)
The presentation and evaluation of maternal family is a separate competition. 50% of the participating animals do not have to be shown in their respective classes. However, registration applies for all animals entered
All dogs must have the appropriate qualifications for their age in terms of titles, breeding surveys and HD/ED results
1. Dogs over 2.5 years of age with no working title are not eligible
2. Dogs over 3.5 years without a breed survey are not eligible
3. All dogs entered must be from parents that are titled/breed surveyed
4. At least one of the dogs must be presented in the working class
If a dog entered in the Maternal Family class becomes ill before the final evaluation, the breeder is free to continue competing or to withdraw the Maternal-Family. If the minimum number cannot be reached due to a dog falling ill, the Maternal Family cannot participate in competition
The evaluation of the Maternal-Family will take place in the ring for Breeders Group
Mother-Family Class presentation will immediately precede the performance of the Progeny Group
Participation in the Maternal-Family competition must be recorded in the catalog. All dogs that are part of the presentation must be listed individually, under the maternal name. A breeder may register several Maternal Families in the same event