USCA NBW Heidi Theis – All Males
To all competitors this weekend, I wish you all the very best of luck and a stress-free, fun-filled weekend!
My name is Heidi Theis and I am the current USCA National Breed Warden (NBW) and Fully Licensed Performance Judge #48, Conformation/Breed Survey Judge #C4 for USCA. As the NBW, I serve USCA as a line officer and as the Chair of the Breed Advisory Committee (BAC). According to my guidance, the BAC collectively updates breeding regulations, breed survey or conformation show regulations, and makes decisions for our Sieger Shows.
I started training dogs as a Youth Member for USCA in the Summer of 1987, when I was 17 years old and I am the first Youth Member to become a judge for USCA! I trained and titled my first dog to SchH 3 but because there were not enough breed surveys back then, I unfortunately never had her breed surveyed. I truly enjoyed working that dog in sport and she helped me know early on that I wanted to become a Performance Judge for USCA one day.
Through my time at my first Schutzhund Club, in addition to learning how to train and title various types of working temperaments, I also learned to handle dogs in the show ring for the show line breeder who ran the club. After learning, I went on to handle for many years at the local, regional, and national levels. I was always full in every class when handled for those 25 years and back in the mid ‘90s to early 2000’s, there were a minimum of 5 shows a year in my very close geographical area. Through this vast handling experience and hearing critique after critique, I learned two things. I quickly learned the German terms of their critiques, so I knew what the SV judges were saying and I also learned what structure looked like as they described the dogs through their critiques. It was a wonderful time to learn and be in the dog sport, I’m very grateful for those years.
Please enjoy my accomplishments in USCA thus far… super proud of that IGP-FH this year!
- Current Training Director for local USCA PNW Club, Treasure Valley WDC in Middleton, ID
- USCA Gold Sports Medal Recipient; 2001 North American SchH 3 Tracklayer
- 7-time member of USCA’s SchH/IPO/IGP 3 club, 6 of these dogs are from my breeding
- 2010 PNW Regionals, 3rd place with *V-BeDarthVader vom Theishof SchH 3, FH 2, IPO 3
- 1999 SW Regional Championships, 8th place with *V-Briggitta vom Theishof SchH 3, IPO 3
- Titles earned: 18 SchH/IPO/IGP 3, 17 SchH/IPO/IGP 2, 25 SchH/IPO/IGP 1, 2 FH 1, 1 FH 2, 1 IGP-FH, 33 BH,17 AD, 2 TR 1, 1 TR 2, 1 OB 1, and 1 WH
- 39 KKL 1/KKL 2/KKL/Ang. earned; 71 show ratings earned, including highest Sieger Show rating of VA on VA-10 Ax Redox SchH 3, KKL 1a
- 2009 USCA Sieger Show – 1st Annual Performance Award & V Show rating – *V-BeDarthVader vom Theishof SchH 3, FH 2, IPO 3
- 2014/2015 USCA Sieger Shows V with 4/5 performance on *V-Jill vom Theishof SchH 1, FH 1, IPO 3
- 2019 USCA Sieger Show V & Performance Award 4/5 on *V-Ennie vom Theishof IPO 1, IGP 2
USCA Karen MacIntyre – All Females
I left the corporate world in 1999 after 18 years as Principal Hardware Design Engineer in Networking at Digital Equipment and then a Field Application Engineer for Cypress Semiconductor. I then helped my late husband with a start up and taught at Vermont Technical College. I am currently an Electrical Engineering adjunct professor for New Hampshire Technical Institute.
My unique education includes, a BS in Animal and Pre-Veterinary Science and a BSEE equivalent, both from the University of Vermont, along with a MSECE from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. I became a USCA Conformation judge in 1998, a Schutzhund/IGP judge in 2005, Kormeister in 2006 and RH judge in 2007. I served as USCA’s National Breed Warden from 2004-2006 and 2012-2014
I started competing in AKC obedience trials in 1979, NASA Schutzhund trials in 1982, USCA Schutzhund trials in 1983. My first breed show was in 1985 and my first breed survey was in 1987. I have been a member of the SV since 1994. My USCA registered kennel is Mack-Zwinger. I whelped my first litter in 1981 [ my first of many SchH3 club dogs came from that litter.] Since then I have titled 18+ dogs to many levels, 11 from my own breeding, most owner raised and trained and breed surveyed. 7 dogs from my breeding program competed in the 2019 WDC.
Some accomplishments of my own dogs: I bred raised and trained 1991 Canadian Siegerin, 2015 and 2019 New England Universal Siegers, 2019 USCA FH champion (also a National competitor, RH2-TB and IPWDA cadaver and water certified) and 2019 Regional IGP3 Champion, V Jaecar vom Mack-Zwinger IGP3 FH KKl, who has earned a spot on the 2021 USCA Universal Team
Breed Survey Helper – Sean Murphy
I have been a member of South Michigan Schutzhund and Police Club for 20 years. I have been fortunate enough to work many trials, including over 30 club trials, 8 regional, and 15 National events. This will be my 7th Sieger Show. I have had many mentors over the years, both human and canine, and none of this would be possible without them. Thank you to those who continually support me. I truly appreciate all the opportunities I’ve been given over the years, and thank the Helper Committee members and Breed Advisory Committee for selecting me for this event. I look forward to seeing many of the faces I have met over the years, and making new acquaintances. Best of luck to all!
- 2008- Mid East Regional SchH3 front half helper
- 2009- Working Dog Championship SchH1 & SchH2
- 2009- Mid East Regional SchH3 front half helper
- 2009- USCA Nationals front half helper
- 2010- Working Dog Championship front half helper (injured at the event)
- 2010- Mid East Regional SchH3 front half helper
- 2011- USCA Nationals front half alternate
- 2012- Working Dog Championship front half helper
- 2012- AWDF Championship front half helper
- 2012- Mid East Regional SchH3 front half helper
- 2012- USCA Nationals front half helper
- 2013- USCA Sieger Show back half Females
- 2014- USCA Sieger Show back half Females
- 2014- Mid East Regional SchH3 front half helper
- 2015 -Working Dog Championship front half alternate
- 2015 -USCA Sieger Show front half male
- 2016 -USCA Sieger Show front half male & female
- 2017 -USCA Sieger Show front half male & female
- 2019- USCA Sieger Show front half male
- 2021- Classified Teaching Helper